Cleveland Medical Malpractice and Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
Medical malpractice is medical neglect or, in other words, your doctor failed to meet the appropriate standard of care and, as a result, caused undue harm. Just like the driver must obey the rules of the road, every doctor, nurse and hospital must obey certain rules of the medical field. When a medical provider falls below the standard of care, that provider is legally responsible for injuries caused by that negligence.
Medical Malpractice or Nursing home neglect claims can be very complex. Our Cleveland-based law firm can evaluate your claim and determine your rights in medical neglect claims in the numerous medical fields including, but not limited to:
- Improper Anesthesia and Techniques
- Failure to Diagnose and Treat Cancer
- Cardiology (failure to diagnose and treat a heart attack failure to properly manage a heart patient’s medications, etc.)
- Emergency Medicine
- Nursing Care (failure to monitor a patient’s vital signs or failure to monitor IV’s and negligent care of tracheotomy tubes)
- Nursing Home Claims (improper transfers causing fractures, improper use of restraints which may cause suffocation, overdosing medications and negligent monitoring of residents)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology (delayed C-Sections and deliveries which may cause injury or birth defects to babies, failure to diagnosis cancer)
- Pharmacy Claims (incorrect filling of prescriptions)
We put our elderly family members in nursing homes so they can be properly treated and cared for. With the rise in Ohio’s elderly population, the number of people being placed in the care of nursing homes continues to increase- and so does the number of nursing home neglect or abuse.
According to the National Center on Elder Abuse in the United States, more than 30 percent of all nursing homes in America indulge in some form of resident abuse. More than 50 percent of all nursing homes are under-staffed leading to cases of severe neglect and abuse.
As senior citizens grow older, they may find themselves no longer able to take care of themselves day-to-day and must seek out the help of a nursing home or live-in care facility. Sadly, some seniors are seriously injured in such settings as the result of abuse, neglect, or insufficient medical care provided to them by the staff. Bruises, broken bones, and other physical injuries are commonly the result of nursing home neglect. At The Law Offices of Joseph T. Joseph Jr., llc , our attorneys fight diligently will fight diligently to help regain your loved one’s dignity.